medical ppt pediatrics
Autism is a condition where there is an inability to relate to others, and language development is very delayed. It often occurs in conjunction with learning disabilities. Characteristically the autistic child fails to develop social relationships, has little non-verbal communication and often has ritualistic behaviour patterns. Special education is often required and the family need good support as it is extremely stressful to have an autistic child in the family.
• Where possible the underlying condition should be diagnosed.
• The child’s developmental progress should be monitored.
• Appropriate input should be provided in the preschool years and appropriate
school placement made.
• The child and parents need a supportive framework.
• Good general paediatric care must be provided.
What is Autism?
The Etiology of Autism
Neurobiology of autism
Successful Inclusion for Students with autism
Visual Supports for Students with Autism
AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER (ASD): A GENERAL OVERVIEW
Verbal Behavior Therapy teaching language and communication skills …
You Might Have Missed These Posts